Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Maybe here more?

I got caught up in an online community and was using the blog space there more than here.  However, I find that the energy there is changing and I don't have as much fun there as I did.  Which means I'll probably start posting here more - so bonus for you! It's shaping up to be another busy summer, and I want to make a concerted effort to record as much of it here as I can. Camping, SCA events, the new puppy and you might be subjected to some blathering about my hair as well.

Stuart wants to buy me a bow for my birthday. (Squeeeeee!) I have been thinking that there's ages of time to make up my mind, but I just realized: no not really.  It's just over a month away - that's four or five shooting sessions only, if he wants to actually present it to me sometime close to the actual date. Guess I'd better talk to Jude and CAC about getting some bows wrapped to try shooting with.  Hehehehe. Jude is recommending this one and I can't see any reason/know enough about it to doubt her. No one expects *magic* from their first bow, I think - just something reasonable to learn and grow with.  I took a few shots with this model in the 35lb weight but my wrist collapsed after about 3. I thought I should try to work up to 35lb, but Jude says she shot with a 30lb for years.  Since it's just target shooting (I'm not trying to kill anything or even fire fighting weight blunted arrows) I may just go with the 30lb. The bow itself is pretty and weighs a lot less than a recurve, which I like.

I've got a ton of fabric to start making up into clothes for our personas and some RL stuff for me too. Stuart's mom is trying to re-home literally a basement full of cloth, so I ended up picking out four bags worth of stuff. Oy. But I did get enough coat weight felted wool in a lovely teal that's gonna be a new nice winter jacket for me. That's something I've wanted for a while - not just gear, but a pretty coat! We also need to bugger off to Tandy and get leather - we need quivers, bracers, belts, leashes and Stuart wants a bear collar for Ursa.  LOL

I need to talk to the SCA Herald as well, about working up a RBT to use for our arms. So much to do! And we're allowed to take pictures at SCA events, so hopefully, this blog will become interesting again.  LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many choices when it comes to bows. I've shot a few different ones, and I have to say I prefer the ones nearly as tall as me over the shorter ones. Lol.
Britt

Unknown said...

I think it has more to do with design than size... :) So you like long bows! There are pros and cons with every design of course. If there was one perfect bow for every situation, we wouldn't have so many options still in use.