Thursday, September 26, 2013

Shouldeeeerrrss... I mean, lastest dream!

I dreamt last night that I met Nathan Fillion. He was doing a book signing at the generic campus where I was taking classes. We did the three minute chat thing while he signed the book and off I went. I never particularly shine when doing the "meet the famous actor" thing; I'm always aware that mostly who I like is the character(s) they play and that the person in front of me is basically a total stranger. It makes me awkward (and it's why I don't pay for those opportunities.)

At any rate, I was walking along and I opened the book to see what he'd written. There was the standard "Thanks for being a fan" message and a phone number!!?! Yes, Virginia, that's what an adrenaline rush feels like. I had many conflicting thoughts, but when the time set for the book signing has passed, I sent a text message to the number, "So, is this the number for your dry cleaner?"

"Haha! No, it's me."

"I hate to doubt your word, but this is just a bit weird. Can you provide proof?" And bing, I get a picture of him, wearing the same clothes, sitting in a car driving down a street that I recognize (at least in my dream.)

So, I ask him how many books he puts his phone number in and he says, "Surprisingly few." The texting continues as he's on his way to the airport. And then after he lands again. It meanders around amongst serious, funny and flirtatious, but always interesting. He'd just offered to fly me out for dinner, when my alarm clock went off. God, I hate that thing!

Once I woke up, I felt a little guilty, 'cause poor Stuart wasn't even in the dream. But it was a nice boost to my self-esteem, even if it was all in my head.

No comments: